Saturday 11 July 2015

The diary of an ex-sufferer - The little girl grew up.


Today we're continuing with the diary of Antonia Alencar, an ex-sufferer whose life got transformed. If you've missed the beginning of her story, follow it here: Part 1Part 2 and Part 3.



Antonia now has reason to smile.
As I grew up and became a young woman, I started getting more independent. We moved to another city and now I was working and studying. I wanted to have money to buy things for me. I worked in multinational companies and the woman who grew up poor now had money. 



The unexpected emptiness

I chose not to be selfish and would never deny help to anyone who needed it, but I had a great emptiness inside of me. Money did not fulfil me as I expected. I couldn't understand what was going on. I had so many conflicts inside of me. 

I tried committing suicide many times and the emptiness inside of me led to depression. I started getting involved with bad friends, I'd hear voices and see visions. I developed a lot of traumas. 


The invitation that changed my life

While my life was going from bad to worse, one day I received an invitation written, "Your life can change!" It seemed too good to be true, but I was desperate. Perhaps you've received similar kinds of invitations before, but you've never considered them. Well friends, I did! I told myself, I need this change. That's how I came to meet the Healer who transformed my life. He is so beautiful!


For the first time in her life, Antonia prayed and God heard her prayer.
In my first visit at the UCKG HelpCentre, I listened to the Pastor preach and it was as if he were speaking about my life. I thought he was some sort of fortune teller, but he wasn't. 


Please change 
my life!

God knew what I was going through and He was reaching out to me through that Pastor. I had my first true conversation with God, "I don't know Who you are, but I'm asking You to please change my life!"

He heard my prayer and He began a great work inside of me! Today I'm completely transformed. I'm no longer empty, I don't struggle with depression anymore, because I have received life and joy! 


There is hope for you!

Perhaps you are plagued with traumas in your life, depression, suicidal thoughts or you have a broken love life. Well, I'm now extending the same invitation I once received: Your life can change! God can and will change your life. I am a true witness of this. Don't fear!


The Rainbow Theatre - home of the UCKG HelpCentre's Headquarters in the UK

The UCKG HelpCentre is open 7 days a week, from 6am to 9pm, at the Rainbow Theatre, 232 Seven Sisters Road, London, N4 3NP. To find the HelpCentre nearest to you, click here to view other addresses.

Next in my diary - Part 5, Dealing with the pain of loss.


3 comments:

  1. I love this! Unlike you I remember I would reject all the invitations that I would receive, but eventually I sought help too.

    It was really nice reading about you past, cant wait for Dairy 5 :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about your past with us , I don't know how many times did I reject the invitations and even after accepting the invitation , it took me years and years to totally surrender to all to God , I was angry , bitter , had hatred , grudges , I suffered from abused and I wanted to reverge my self but God work inside of me that I surrender without holding back . Today I am new Bridget with joy and peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is wonderful .
    My change everything when I surrender total my life to Him .
    This moment is very deep .
    God bless you .

    ReplyDelete